Teacher dies of cobra bite inside the school

An elementary school teacher died after being bitten by a Philippine cobra inside a school in San Luis, Aurora.
The victim, Ma'am Rizza Laureano, was allegedly coming out of the comfort room when bitten by said venomous snake hiding in a cabinet, according to her sister.
"Nag-CR lang siya. Paglabas niya ng CR mayroon cabinet na katabi. Ngayon hinawi niya ang kurtina, yung kamay niya na pinaghawi niya ng kurtina, doon siya natuklaw ng ahas,"  expressed Michelle Donato.
Immediately after the incident, Ma'am Laureano was brought to the hospital but there was no anti-venom even in nearly hospitals. After three hours, the teacher died.
Netizens are now calling on DOH to take action regarding the lack of anti-venom in hospitals. Incidents like this could have been prevented with available medicine especially in areas where such venomous snakes reside.

Source: GMA News

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.